– it was a relief to hear comic con will remain in its san diego home through 2015. they’ve negotiated special convention rates at 64 area hotels to address the price gouging that was going on in recent years. the biggest weekend of the year for san diego just got even better.
– busy saturday coming up with taste of north park and the tour de fat bicycle fest at balboa park. seems like there’s a can’t-miss event in the uptown neighborhoods every weekend this time of year.
– tropical weather arrived in san diego this week, about two months behind schedule. whether you’re a fan of it or not, it sure makes for some interesting skies:
– the new walkway near the pier at sio is a big improvement over the drab wall that was there before:
– celebrate the upcoming sd veg week at pizza fusion:
Vegan Drinks Mixer at Pizza Fusion on Wed. Oct. 6th from 6-9 pm. $3 pints of local craft beers, 1/2 price glasses of wine and 1/2 price vegan pizzas. You can also win FREE vegan pizza every week for 1 year (and proceeds benefit the Animal Protection and Rescue League!)